Having a fit and lean body has become quite a trend now. Getting a fit physique is not an overnight magic, it needs a good amount of patience and practice. There are various yoga asanas for every part of the body which not only brings flexibility but also heals the body from within. We bring few a basic yoga asanas to bring lightness in your body:
Vrikshasana, commonly known as tree pose is best for legs and back.It improves your body balance and strengthens your arms and legs. To perform this asana:
- Stand straight like a tree and place your right foot on left thigh
- Make sure the sole of the foot and flat and firm
- Stretch your arms high in the sky and join your hands
- Straighten up your spine and take some deep breaths
- Change the leg for repetitions and continue for 10 minutes
2. Adho Mukho Svanasana
This asana is commonly known as downward facing dog pose. This pose benefits in improving the blood flow in the body and make you feel energetic on the daily life. To perform this act:
- Sit on your heels and stretch your arms forward
- Lower your head and raise your hips towards the sky
- Try to remain in this position and take deep breaths for 10 seconds
- Rest for some time and repeat the cycle for 5 times
Trikonasana is done by making a triangle by stretching legs and torso part of the body. This asana promotes deep breathing, makes the body flexible, helps in healing liver and digestive system.
- Stand up with your feet apart. Stretch them at 90⁰
- Stretch your body with one hand touching the ground and another up in the sky
- Use your hands to create a balance and bend as much as you can
- Take deep breaths and feel the increase in energy
Kursiasana or Chair pose is one of the powerful yoga asanas for beginners. This pose requires willpower and helps in strengthening of legs, arms and minds.
- Stand straight keeping some distance between your feet
- Stretch your arms without bending your elbows
- Inhale and bend your knees like you are going to sit on a chair
- Stay in the position for a while and then while exhaling, come up
Bhujangasana is like posing like a cobra. This asana is best for your stomach, arms, and shoulders and have a tremendous effect on whole body.
- Lie down on your stomach with legs open
- Pull your upper body towards the sky using hands making elbows straight and inhale
- Go back to the ground while exhaling
- Repeat this pose 10 times with deep breathing
Following these 5 yoga asanas in the initial stage will certainly help in giving flexibility and understanding about how yoga works on body.