Want to shed that extra fat from your hips? Yoga can help! Yoga builds core strength, sheds unnecessary fat and gives a deeper and more effective stretch, which is exactly what we want to reduce and tone our hips. So, incorporate these smart yoga poses into your fitness regime to tone your hips quickly.
1.Utkatasana or Chair pose
This asana stimulates the muscles in your legs, especially the hip area. When you sit on an imaginary chair, your muscles are stretched.
How to do Utkatasana?
- Stand erect in Tadasana
- Gently bend your knees forward
- Lower your buttocks as if you are seated on a chair
- Inhale and extend your arms over your head
- Retain the pose for a few seconds as you keep the flow of your breath going. Relax
2. Natarajasana or Lord of the Dance Pose
This asana strengthens the legs. Right from your pelvis to your feet, every muscle, especially hips and thighs, are toned and stretched.
How to do Natarajasana?
- Stand in Tadasana
- Lift your right foot such that your right leg appears parallel to the ground
- Slightly bend your knee. Touch your right arm to the right foot and stretch
- Now stretch your left arm high
- Keep the palms stretched or assume the Gyan Mudra
- Look at your left fingers. Retain the pose for a few seconds and take deep breaths. Relax
3. Baddha Konasana or Cobbler Pose
This asana stretches your inner thighs and builds lean mass.
How to do Baddha Konasana?
- Sit on the mat now stretch your legs out
- Fold your knees and bring your feet to the center
- Join your feet and hold your feet with your palms
- Now push your knees down to the ground
- Retain the pose for 5-10 seconds and relax
4. Malasana or Garland Pose
This asana works mainly on the hips and thighs. It enhances the circulation of blood and gives a good stretch on your hips.
How to do Malasana?
- Squat on the floor making sure your feet are joined together while your butt lay off the floor
- Join your palms at the center and take elbows gently on the sides of your knees.
- Push your knees with your elbows as much as you can. Retain this pose for at least three breaths. Relax
5. Salabhasana or Grasshopper Pose
This is an effective yoga to strengthen your legs and enhances the flow of blood. Your hips and thighs remain strong, flexible and toned.
How to do Salabhasana?
- Lie on your abdomen and lift your legs
- Stretch your arms behind you
- Now lift your chest off the floor
- Lift your chin up and gaze forward
- Retain the pose for a few seconds and release
6. Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose
This asana is one of the best yoga poses for hips and thighs. Your inner thigh muscles are stretched and stimulated.
How to do Ananda Balasana?
- Lie on your back
- Lift your legs and bend them at the knees
- Stretch your arms and hold the arches of your feet
- Stretch your legs while you take the support of your hands
- Retain this pose for a few seconds. Release and relax
Keeping the legs stretched is extremely important. Indulge in Yoga and you will be sooner a step closer to your dream figure.